Yoga Instructions For Daily Living
Yoga Instructions usually center on the exercises you’re likely to encounter in a yoga class. It’s great if you can bring these yoga practices home with you too, but there’s a lot more within the system of yoga that can help to enhance your daily life on many levels …
I bet that you’d like to have a job that you absolutely love; a family environment that brings you endless joy; fabulous friends; and a lifestyle that makes you the envy of everyone you meet?
Ok, you won’t get there overnight, but by following some basic yoga instructions in your day to day life, the life you dream of WILL gradually unfold.
Starting the Day Off Right
How our day begins, right from the moment we crawl out of bed, usually has a big effect on how the rest of the day unfolds. That’s why we consider the start of the day the most important time for yoga. Here’s two YOGA MUSTS for the start of your day:
Learning how to practice yoga on your own is essential. If you can’t, then you need to learn how or else you’ll miss one of the greatest benefits of yoga …
… Starting your day with it!
The yoga instructions in these three home study yoga programs will teach you how to do yoga on your own:
- The first thing you want to do when you get out of bed is clean away some of the toxins that have accumulated overnight. It’s a quick and simple process to perform these 3 basic yoga cleansing techniques every morning.
- Next, do some yoga exercises. Do them first, before you even start to think about the day ahead. It doesn’t have to be a life transforming, super profound yoga session every time.If you know you’ve got a busy, then even just a few minutes will do. When you’ve got more time, then take advantage of it and practice longer. Starting your day with some yoga exercises EVERYDAY, will make a world of difference in your life … trust me!
Yoga Instructions For Healthy Eating
Yoga Instructions For Better Living
Living right means having healthy habits. That can take some time to develop, of course, but through the study of yoga we can gradually shift every aspect of our lives onto a more harmonious and healthier course.
The basic yoga instructions for daily living are the yamas and niyamas, guidelines to help you reinvent yourself and become, in every way, a better person. Here’s a few yogic truisms to remember throughout the day:
- You won’t become taller by cutting off the heads of others.
- If you want to get closer to the truth, then don’t stretch it.
- When ten people each eat an ice-cream cone, ten people enjoy. When one person eats ten ice-cream cones, he gets sick.
- When your mouth is open, your ears are usually closed.
- A wild horse may be fast, but it probably won’t take you where you want to go.
- If you’re sleeping with the enemy, then you are probably alone!
Get to Know Yourself
Here is the most profound thing I will probably ever tell you …
You are the cause of all your problems!
I’m sorry to have to break it to you.
What does it mean? It means that none of the yoga instructions you will ever get will be of any good to you unless you get to know yourself first! Knowing yourself is the first step in improving yourself.
This self-study is called svadyaya, and I won’t lie to you, it takes some real work.
Stop … Step Back … and Take a Real Look.
|Yoga provides a great system of exercises to help us to develop a stronger, healthier body, improve concentration, and relieve stress.
But it all doesn’t have to end when your yoga class is finished.
Following these yoga instructions for daily living will give you another glimpse at the magnificent potential of yoga …
There are some simple self study yoga instructions that can be put to practical use throughout the day. Just start by following the “negatives” …
- Is someone annoying you? There’s a good chance that you’re the only one in the room who’s irked. Ask yourself why? Here’s a tip: If you’re going to point a finger, make sure that you are standing in front of a mirror!
- Frustrated waiting in a long line at the bank? “Deflect”, don’t “infect”. Instead of grumbling to the person beside you, say something pleasant. Exchange a few kind words, and before you know it, you’ll both be at the front of the line!
- When your kids are making a ruckus and you snap at them … ask yourself, “Children playing and having fun irritates me? What is the @#$! is my problem?”
This type of self examination is where yoga really begins. As Meenaskhsi Devi Bhavavani, one of the most insightful souls I’ve ever met, once reminded me,
“Without swadhyaya, there is no yoga.”
Final Yoga Instructions for the Day …
Take some time at the end of your day to reflect. Go over the events of your day, and your actions and reactions to them with some deeper thought and consideration.
Taking this time to look frankly at yourself and develop greater awareness is one of the best things you could do to improve yourself.
… and that’s really why we do yoga, isn’t it?